Kaua'i by far is my favorite island of all that I've been to, but unfortunately, the weather there wasn't ideal. We spent an hour of the first day, listening to a time share sales pitch for the Starwood properties which left both of us a little bewildered as to why we decided to do that in the first place. To summarize, you pay $$ to own a very small porition of a condo that you can use 1 or 2 weeks (every year or every other year) based on what "plan" you choose. You have to pay additional $$ per year to maintain it. AND, to get the "deal", you needed to commit money the same day. Crazy. Who makes a decision to spend 47K on the fly?
Drew and I played a couple of soggy rounds of golf at the Princeville Golf course (The Prince Course), but regardless of the less than ideal weather, that too was a breathtaking course tucked into a lush rainforest. It was probably the hardest course that either one of us have ever played, but it was a wonderful experience. The Prince course is also another one of my favorite courses of all time. We took a catamaran trip to the Na Pali coast as this is the only part of the island that's not accessible via automobile. I got sea sick on the way out, which isn't much of a surprise since the first time I took the same catamaran trip I was sick on the way back. Unfortunately, the current was too strong for us to be able to do any snorkeling,but we were able to see turtles, spinner dolphins and whales on the way there and back. The Na Pali coast is one of the most beautiful sites I've seen and I highly recommend going if you ever have the chance. One day I would love to backpack and camp out there. It'll most likely be in the summer time when the weather is a little better on the North Shore. After the catamaran trip, on the way back to the hotel, we took a detour to Kipu Falls where Drew and I both jumped off from the top of the falls and again off the rope swing. I landed on my bottom the first time, and then did a reverse belly flop on my back the second time. Needless to say it was a little painful, but it was a good time nonetheless. We spent the rest of the time exploring the small island, and I was able to see a few things that I didn't see my first time there (2002) and show Drew some of my favorite places. Unfortunately we didn't take many pictures while we were there because the weather wasn't the greatest, but there are a few pictures of Bali Hai and Hanalei Bay mixed into the pictures from my earlier post.
Friday, January 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment